Sunday, July 1, 2012

Running is 90% mental . . .

Lately, I have been reading up on the idea of what part your mind and thoughts play in the sport of running.

So, I decided to test out the theory that running is 90% mental. Do my thoughts REALLY effect my performance? This test was far from scientific, but validated the theory (at least in my own mind)!

I concentrated on positive thoughts

- I can do this
- I feel great
- My legs feel light
- My breathing is steady

. . . And it worked!! I ran hills without stopping (first time EVER), my breathing was less sporadic than normal and the kicker is . . . I ran it 1 minute faster than my first 5k race!!!

While, this may seem like no big deal, to me it was huge!! Talk about "runners high" . . . Yeah I felt it baby!!

I can't wait to get out there and do it all again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment