Thursday, July 5, 2012

Momma said there would be days like this . . .

Today was not the best run. My head was in the right place, but my body didn't cooperate. It was still pretty warm out when I headed out - around 89 degrees. Cooler than it has been. But 10 degrees warmer than my run last Friday (which rocked)!!

At 1.8 miles, my legs just pooped out. I literally had nothing left. So, I called it a day and walked on home.



I am pretty sure I didn't drink enough water before this run. I also had the weirdest thing happen. When I got home, my throat started burning on the left side and sort of feel like it was closing up on me. Hopefully, it is just a fluke and nothing to worry about. I tend to worry, when anything funky starts happening with my throat! I'll keep ya posted!

What did I learn from this run?
  • Wait until it is a tiny bit cooler out to run
  • Drink more water
  • I CAN run fast (just not for very long)! I ran my fastest pace ever (8:25)
  • I may have not made my goal of 3 miles, but I ran the hill (again), I will never walk a hill again. I have proven I can do it!!
  • I will not give up and I WILL be back running the road again tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment